NRN account opening documentation should be submitted through the following means:
- Scanned copies to be sent via email to email@example.com
No, NRN customers who have current accounts with GTBank UK do not require References to open NRN accounts.
The following documents are required to open an NRN account:
1. Duly completed account opening form.
2. One passport photograph showing full face forward.
3. A copy of any of the following means of identification of signatory:
- Valid Nigerian International passport/any other foreign international passport
- Valid National Driver’s license
- Valid National Identity Card
4. Copy of any of the following:
- Duly filled Banker’s confirmation form
- Utility bill issued within the last three months for the address stated on the form (to be notarized by a notary public or confirmed by the Nigerian embassy if foreign).
- Bank or Credit Card statement issued within the last three months showing customers address
5. References (either i or ii below):
- One reference letter obtained from a current account holder (Nigerian) with any Nigerian Bank and a banker’s confirmation
- Two reference letters from current account holder (Nigerian) with any Nigerian Bank
* All identification documents, Bank or Credit Card statement issued within the last three-months, and utility bills (if foreign) must be notarized by a notary public, sighted at the Nigerian Embassy or by an officer at GTBank.
No, the NRN service is offered only to individuals and not to businesses. The customer will however be referred to the SME team.
All Nigerians who reside outside the country for more than 180 days in a year.
No, they do not. Sighted copies of these documents by a GTBank staff is acceptable
The following electronic channels are available to the NRN customer:
i. Card services:
- MasterCard (USD and Naira denominated)
- Visa Card (USD denominated)
With the Guaranty Trust Bank MasterCard and Visa card the NRN customer enjoys:
- Accessibility – Gives the customer 24 hour access to funds from about 2.1 million ATMs worldwide
- Worldwide acceptance – Can be used to pay for goods and services in about 34 million locations worldwide (hotels, supermarkets, petrol stations, etc) in 210 countries and across other channels such as the Internet
- Safety – It employs the use of Chip & PIN technology to guard against unauthorized transactions
It is a total banking solution that provides the NRN customer instant service via a touch-tone or mobile phone. It is accessible from anywhere in the world and open for business 24 hours a day, seven days a week (Including public holidays) The NRN customer with a PIN password can do the following:
- Check account(s) balances
- Transfer funds between own accounts and to 3rd parties with accounts in GTBank
- Request electronic cards
- Request cheque books
- Confirm cheques
- Stop cheques
- Reactivate dormant accounts
iii. Internet Banking:
The NRN customer with an internet banking password can do the following via the GTBank Internet Banking platform
- View real time account balances and track up-to-the minute transactions on their accounts
- Set up a standing order instruction to transfer funds to other accounts within GTBank and other Banks in Nigeria (Direct debit).
- Transfer funds to beneficiaries with GTBank accounts or accounts in other banks via NEFT
- Confirm cheques online and such confirmations are automatically registered on the Banking Application
- Request for cheque books
- Print Statement of account in PDF format or export to MS Excel format
- PIN change: Users can change their login PIN (password) at any time
* All identification documents, Bank or Credit Card statement issued within the last three-months, and utility bills (if foreign) must be notarized by a notary public, sighted at the Nigerian Embassy or by an officer at GTBank
A stamped Banker’s confirmation stating the customer’s address serves as a proof of address and a reference at the same time. Therefore, customers who provide this, will only need to provide one reference. A utility bill will also not be required from them.
Yes, these customers can visit GTBank UK for the submission of their NRN account opening package. They can also have their documents sighted by a GTBank UK officer in our London office.
Yes, an NRN customer can transfer a fixed amount of money regularly to beneficiaries in Nigeria by setting up a standing order instruction (Direct debit) on Internet banking to the following:
- Beneficiaries with GTBank account
- Beneficiaries with accounts in other banks in Nigeria
You should hotlist the card immediately. To block your lost, stolen or compromised card – Send ‘HOTLIST (NUBAN) to 08076665555 E.g HOTLIST to 08076665555 or Contact GTConnect, our fully interactive contact center.
The card replacement requested should get to you in twelve working days, counting from the day the request is received by the processing unit. An e-mail will be sent to notify you that your request has been initiated
You can obtain another card by completing the Naira MasterCard Application and indemnity Form then send the duly signed form to the Contact Center. Card and courier charges apply as applicable.
Yes, there is a limit to the amount that can be transferred daily. The maximum amount that can be transferred:
- Beneficiaries with GTBank account is N1,000, 000.00
- Beneficiaries with accounts in other Banks in Nigeria is N500,000.00
The username and password are system generated for confidentiality and sent to your registered e-mail address with the Bank; please ensure your e-mail address is correctly filled out in your account opening form. You will also be prompted to set a secret question and answer. You may contact the Bank if you do not receive the notification sent you.
The Internet Banking Service is profiled for every new account opened, however, please consult with a Contact Center agent for assistance.
This can be reset on the Internet Banking platform or consult with an agent of the Contact Center for assistance.
Yes, they can and this can be delivered to them at their location via courier at the customer’s cost.
You can activate your new Token on the Internet Banking platform or contact GTConnect, our interactive contact center.
You will be required to fill a token request form and select the “Re-issue” option. Please refer to the Token request tab for full process; applicable charges apply.
The following options are available to an NRN customer to pick up a token:
- The token can be couriered to the foreign address stated by the customer if requested. Cost to be borne by the customer.
- The token can be picked up by the customer when in the country.
Contact GTConnect to get your token deactivated.
The replacement token will get to you five working days, from the day your request is received by the processing unit. An e-mail will be sent to notify you that your request has been initiated.